Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day 4

Unfortunately I didn't have time today to make one of my fancy "day" images, but at least I am posting. Well it's Thursday and that's normally a great day to go out to dinner and have a drink. But instead I decided to make homemade spinach pesto with zucchini pasta. Yum!

Today was a bit of a cazy day, I got up did 6 loads of laundry! 6!! Scrubbed the house from top to bottom, snuck in a spx class at the core studio in Palo Alto..studied my Pilates vocabulary words, went to my Pilates trainer class and then made dinner. How does the day go by so fast?  Anyway I had another headache today, it's either from allergies, or maybe my body is pissed cause it's off the booze? I dunno, but that's two days in a row and I hardly ever get them normally, so I will continue to monitor this and update you (if there's anyone out there?). On a positive note though I have totally noticed that my stomach is much less bloated feeling and looking. Not that it was huge before or anything but at the end of the day I always feel a little belly bulge, but I don't feel that way right now, which makes this girl very happy! So here's to shrinking mid lines and having the time to make homemade pesto.




Homemade Spinach Pesto

4 cups of baby spinach
2 cups of fresh basil
Juice of one lemon
1/3 cup of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic

Put everything other then the olive oil inside a blender or food processor. Add in the olive oil slowly once things have started to form a paste. Blend until smooth. This is pretty much great on anything! Chicken, veggies, bread, tomatoes, it's so flavorful and a lot less calories then normal pesto because you omit the nuts. Genius

No comments:

Post a Comment