Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cave Man-ing It

Since my last post was all about bread and how addicted to it I am, I decided that Bread/Carbs will not WIN! I mean who sits there a writes blog posts about bread..Something needed to be done. So I have decided to do a little Paleo experiment. What is the Paleo way of eating? Well its basically a hunter gather type notion which I actually kinda like because its so simple. Really its anything we could hunt or find..Grass fed Meats, Fish, Leafy Greens, Veggies, Small Amounts of Fruits and I am also sticking with small amounts of dairy (some people cut it out completely) 



Now I am not a Krazy person and do not think that I can eat like a cave man 24/7 so I will be living the 90/10 life for the next month. Basically if there is something special I want that doesn't fit into Paleo, I can have it, but only as a special treat once in a while, and then its back to business. So on Monday morning I had my last slice of Round Table hangover pizza, and decided its time to get to it! 6 meals in, and I am surprisingly not hating it, or really even craving bready type things. I have eaten lots of eggs, chicken, shrimp, tri tip, turkey bacon all along tons of spinach/mixed green, arugula and veggies. Tonight I am cooking eggplant Parmesan with Spaghetti Squash Cakes (yes that is squash that just looks like spaghetti, but tastes damn good if you cook it correctly!) I will be using Almond flour for the cakes, which is A-ok per Paleo - think low carbs high, high protein. Hopefully I will be able to take some actual photo's of this masterpiece once its completed. Cave lady out.

No comments:

Post a Comment