Monday, April 6, 2015

18 week pregnancy update, almost half way there!

Left: The day I found out I was pregnant | Middle: 12 Weeks | Right: 18 Weeks
These are two additional 18 week picts, the tummy has offically popped in my mind.


I am no good with this baby updating thing, but from time to time I will add some updates in case you are wondering what is happening. 

Food Baby: The size of Pickle now. Mom sure does love salty pickles from time to time, YUM!

Due date: 
September 5th. well they say the 6th, but I like the 5th so that is what I tell people, since you know ...I am in charge!

How far along: 
As of today 18 weeks and 2 days

Gender: 
GIRL!!!

Total weight gain/loss:  still no weight gain yet...Technically I am -1 pound...But a couple weeks ago I was at -4 pounds, so we are finally moving in the right direction.

Stretch marks: Nope none, but the size of my boobs right now is just ridiculous.. just through I would throw that out here.

Swelling: None. unless Boobs count ?

Maternity clothes: Yes..I can still fit into my regular jeans, but why would I?? Elastic is the way to go! much more comfy for me and the growing belly right now. Maternity shirts still look weird, and I still feel like I just look like a ate alot, so I am patiently waiting for this bump to get a bit bigger so I can rock some more stuff.

Belly button: Innie but I feel like its getting bigger? or just stretched out? Hopefully that is normal

Sleep: Our little girl, likes to be very active during the night time. So between her moving around and the odd shape my belly is at..Sleeping just isn't great for me right now. We have however kicked our giant dogs out of the bed, so at least I have space now :-)

Food cravings:  Anything that is carb..Bread..bagels..cereal..fruit..desserts. You name it. This is so opposite of the way I am used to living. Because I have PCOS, I had to limit my carbs a lot of the time. But this baby is not happy with veggies and protein right now, so instead of starving myself, I eat what I can and what doesn't make me feel sick. Luckily my weight has not sky rocketed so I am ok with where we are at right now. I still try to force in meat and fish, and even salad if I can handle it. It's just not as much as I would like. I am hoping in the next few weeks it will keep getting better and I can get back on track with better eating habits.

Symptoms:  Pelvic girdle pain, or scaitic pain whatever you want to call it, its a mean shot of pain that starts from my butt and goes down the entire left side of my leg. Super fun. And then there are the headaches.. When I have them they are bad, so bad that I get dizzy from them and they ruin a perfectly good day. Other then that I actually feel pretty good.

Movement: Yes! Feeling her little flutters and pokes make me very happy now. At first it was super weird. I mean there is a thing inside of you moving around. Super strange, but the more I get used to it the more I feel at ease knowing that she is happy in there and safe.

What I miss:  Wine, raw oysters, deli sandwiches, any and all cured meats and hot dogs!

What I’m loving:  Getting her nursery ready, buying her clothes and reading every baby book out there. Even if I think their info is BS, I take something away from every book, even if you dont agree you can always learn a lesson ;-)

What I’m looking forward to:  Finalizing a name! My husband is holding out my favorite pick

Best moment this week: Thinking about our little one being her for the holidays. We found out we were pregnant on Christmas morning and I never thought I could get a better present. But I think having her here for Christmas will be the most awesome gift ever. I have no idea who I am right now, this cheesiness makes me want to smack myself in the face.

Words of wisdom: People have a lot of opinions. And even when they say they don't want to tell you their opinion..they still do! So just smile and listen and do whatever you want afterwards! I really appreciate the people who let me ask them questions and just don't spout advice. If I ask, that means I need help! If I don't, I have it covered or think I do and will figure it all out one way or another. I promise ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment